Tuesday, October 2, 2012

0 Amazing Common Core Standard Checklist!

I can't really take ANY credit for this amazing idea I'm about to share....it was ALL my co-teacher's idea. I asked her permission to post it because I am obsessed with it. My co-teacher was wondering if there was a way to track how many times we had hit each standard in lessons, as well as pay attention to those we focus on more than others. We were looking for a simple document with all of the common core standards but couldn't find one. Then she came into my room with this outrageous creation:


It's kind of hard to see but she cut out the list of standards for each category (reading literature, reading informational, writing, speaking, listening and language) and glued them on to large piece of construction paper. Then she laminated it. To the right are spaces for me to tally when I hit a particular standard in a lesson. I can keep track of it every day. THIS IS GENIUS AND I'M OBSESSED WITH IT!!! 
 
Here's a shot of the whole thing.



Since these are laminated, I can erase and start all over next year! I just thought of the idea to use a different color for each marking period, so I can track which standards I hit each marking period. This will help me when I'm building my curriculum next year. Since it's my first year in this position, I am still building my curriculum as I go along. Next year I can determine which standards I want to fall in which marking period and make sure I hit the important ones every making period. 

AMAZINGGGGG!!!! That is all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Classroom Confessional Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates