Tuesday, September 25, 2012

0 Sticky Note Fever!

Wow...haven't put up one post since school started. Things are going great, but pretty busy and overwhelming. I've talked on my blog before about sticky notes and using them to assist with reading comprehension. I did it with my middle school students a couple of years ago, but did not continue with my high school students last year. It worked out really well for the middle school students and allowed for authentic and engaging conversation about the books we were reading, so I decided to start it up again. First off, I asked every student to bring in one pack of stickies. I think I'll have enough.....

  
 During the first lesson in order to teach students the different comprehension strategies to use while doing sticky notes, we analyzed each class's notes to determine which strategy they were doing the most often (prediction, inference, question or connection). 



Each class had a different spattering of strategies used.  The sticky notes will be used to assess student comprehension and use of active reading strategies while reading text in class. That's all for now....stay tuned for more from the beginning of my year!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Classroom Confessional Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates